Sunday, December 2, 2007

America votes, Micah E. crowned DC 2nd 2007 Prom King, tension erupts among roommates

Source: Shulda Boted

Polls closed late Friday evening as Micah E. received a last minute surge in votes, locking in his victory for DC 2nd 2007 Prom King. For days, the race was a dead heat between Micah and his roommates, Joseph C. and Eric C. Although Micah failed to win the hearts of a majority of voters, he secured a plurality, receiving 47 percent of the votes.

“It was an honor just being nominated,” his highness commented about the Yahoo! Group poll he created himself. Yahoo! Group polls have recently emerged as a popular activity among listserv browsers. Recent topics have included, “Why do you continue to refuse to subscribe to the Ensign?” and “Think before you click—is your posting really appropriate for the listserv?”

Many doubted Micah would receive any votes at all since his calling as home teaching coordinator pales in comparison to Joseph’s position as Elders Quorum President and Eric’s position as Ward Mission Leader. “It’s not the calling that makes the man, it’s the man that makes the calling,” stated Micah, whose past callings include flower arrangement coordinator and assistant to the person who checks to make sure all the light are turned off after Sunday meetings.

Micah’s victory came at a cost to his relationships with roommates Joseph and Eric. Witnesses reported an enraged Eric quietly shutting his bedroom door without saying “good-night” the evening of the election. Joseph immediately withdrew his name from all email subscriptions to the listserv, but reasoned, “It’s not because I lost the election. It’s just, lately I’ve realized that my inbox is already too full of emails from all of my many friends... there’s just not room for announcements from someone trying to sell used bicycle breaks.”

Micah reassured voters that he would fulfill all the promises of his campaign, including 100 percent home teaching in 2008 and sharing his testimony more often during Fast & Testimony Meeting, and assured DC 2nd that he would wear his crown with dignity. “I’m so not going to be reliving that time in high school when they took away my prom crown because I couldn’t deliver on my promise to get Red Bull in the vending machines,” he recalled. “I should have never promised that—we all knew we wouldn’t drink responsibly.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I thought I had deleted the poll before anyone saw. EMBARRASSING. But I humbly accept the honor and extend my gratitude to those who voted me. And to my roommates, I’ll look forward to our next relationship counseling session. We can work through this guys!